When a person is injured by a defective product that is unreasonably dangerous or unsafe, the injured person may have a claim or cause of action against the company that designed, manufactured, sold, distributed, leased, or furnished the product. The company may be liable to the person for his injuries and, as a result, may be required to pay for his damages. The law that governs this kind of liability is referred to as product liability law. If you or a loved one have suffered as a result of a defective and or unsafe product, don’t hesitate to contact our experienced Savannah, GA product liability attorneys for a free legal consultation.
Personal injury claims involving product liability law can be filed against manufacturers, distributors, retailers, and other businesses that put unsafe products on the market. There are three major types of product liability claims that our Savannah personal injury lawyers may apply to your situation:
- Manufacturing defect – Those that occur in the course of a product’s manufacture or assembly.
- Design defect – Present in a product from the beginning, even before it is manufactured, in that something in the design of the product is inherently unsafe.
- Failure to warn – This includes marketing defects. Flaws in the way a product is marketed, such as improper labeling, insufficient instructions, or inadequate safety warnings.
When a consumer sustains an injury due to a defective product, a number of parties can be held liable for releasing a product that they knew or should have known posed a risk to users. The jurisdiction in which the product liability case is filed will determine the liability of those involved in the chain of commerce as the defective product passes from the manufacturer to the consumer. A person or company can be held liable for a number of products ranging from faulty medical devices to foods that cause food poisoning.
If you have suffered an injury or illness as a result of using a product for its intended purposes, then you can file a claim that will allow you to obtain compensation for your damages. One of our many experienced product liability attorneys in Savannah, GA can help you file a product liability claim. There are exceptions, including a release from liability if a product is inherently unsafe and known to be unsafe by consumers or if the product is a common consumer product intended for personal consumption, such as alcohol and butter.
Some examples of product liability cases we handle include:
- Automotive defects – design defects that cause SUV roof rollover accidents, defective brakes, defective seat belts
- Defective tires – poor materials or manufacturing processes that result in tire blowouts
- Defective refinery equipment – inadequate safety measures on oil refinery equipment that results in severe burns or explosions
- Unsafe toys and baby furniture – toys, swings, cribs, and playpens with dangerous parts that injure children
- Unsafe manufacturing equipment – conveyor belts, saws, sanders, lathe machines, boilers, forklifts, bulldozers, valves, and other equipment that does not function properly
- Defective safety equipment – Unsafe filtration systems that cause asbestos, silicosis, and other life-threatening health hazards
A product liability lawsuit requires extensive research and investigation, including the identification of all liable manufacturers, marketers, distributors and retailers. At Roden + Love, our Savannah, Georgia product liability lawyers have the legal and financial resources, and past case results necessary to fight these cases against even the largest corporations and insurance companies and we take all product liability cases on contingency, meaning there is never a fee to our clients until we recover the maximum settlement for their injuries.
If you feel that you have been injured because of a defective or otherwise unsafe product, you may be entitled to seek monetary damages under Georgia product liability law. Savannah, GA product liability attorneys at Roden + Love can give you the best chance at recovering the compensation you deserve. Please contact us by calling 844-RESULTS today and us fight for you. We can hold accountable those responsible for the pain and suffering caused to you and your family.